The Landworkers’ Alliance is a union of farmers, growers, foresters and land-based workers.

Send Us A Message

Follow Us

New around here

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tervuren 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 11/12/2019 at 5:33 pm #23500

Hi, I’m an aspiring coppice worker and hedge layer hoping to find one or two woodlands to help manage in exchange for use of the wood and materials. I’m thinking of join LWA, after being a member of the Smallwoods Association for a couple of years I’ve realised they’re not there to support the workers. Anyway, I was just wondering what it’s like being a member of LWA and whether it’s worth it.

Cheers!

28/12/2019 at 6:22 pm #25120

Hi there,
    Yes, it certainly is worth joining for support, training, solidarity, political activity and great camaraderie.
    We are the voice for all small-scale landworkers.
    Which area are you in and I can send you the contact details for your Regional Co-ordinator?
    I will also forward the latest update from Woody Branch via your email if you are going to join.
    It would be great if you were to move up here and sort out Broadhead Farm, I am keen to be involved too.
    There is also a thriving North West Coppicing group and I help them out on occasion.
    Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please subscribe to our e-newsletter.

This information will never be shared with a third party