At present our members of agro ecological farmers are not recruiting through The Landworkers Alliance directly but we are in touch with them and if they request our help in finding and organising extra or seasonal workers during the crisis we will publicise these opportunities via our mailing list and/or website and social media.
1) We have created a simple self organising spreadsheet to match people’s produce and labour needs. You can find the spreadsheet here and then click on the ‘seeking work’ tab. This is amongst a few support resources we are collating here. If you have any resources you think would benefit our members then please get back in touch.
2) If you’d like to join The Landworkers’ Alliance either as a landworker member or as a supporter member you can then gain access to our forum where these is a discussion thread about Coronavirus and people’s needs including work opportunities. Again this is a self organising space. At this challenging time we would welcome you to join the LWA as a member to help strengthen our union and be able to support our members in the best ways we can. You can read our full membership support statement here.
3) Here is a list of some third party recruitment organisations we are aware of that are recruiting for farm labour if you’d like to get in touch directly with them (not affiliated with The Landworkers’ Alliance).
– EcoTalent (for 18-24 yr olds to have paid placement in environmental jobs)
– WWOOF UK – Worldwide opportunities on Organic Farms (volunteering only)
4) Please subscribe to our mailing list and/or follow our facebook page and we can share any future updates on the topic with you as well as about any work opportunities from our member farms as the season develops and the needs become clearer further into the Corona Virus pandemic. Scroll to the very bottom of our website and follow the link to join our mailing list.
5) Please sign our petition for an emergency package of support to protect our local food supply. We need your support in signing this petition to put pressure on them to deliver at this key moment. You can see the full content of the letter here.
Please subscribe to our e-newsletter.
This information will never be shared with a third party