Membership of the Land Workers’ Alliance is open to groups and individuals that spend a substantial amount of their occupation engaged in:
1) Individual small or medium scale food, fibre and fuel production using organic, low impact or agro-ecological methods.
2) Community Supported Agriculture projects.
3) Agricultural workers.
4) Small – scale sustainable fisherfolk.
5) Woodland workers practicing sustainable forestry and producing local woodland products.
6) Producers who use land-based products to earn their livelihood through traditional craft or food processing.
7) Artisanal producers who in working in occupations ancillary to food, fuel and fibre production.
8) Alliances, cooperatives and constituted groups of producers and agricultural workers.
9) New entrants who are already substantially engaged in the above activities.